Where Is Stafford County, Virginia?
Stafford County - one of Virginia’s fastest growing counties, 25 miles from Washington, DC.
- A pro-business environment
- Diverse recreational attractions
- Home to national and international companies:
Geico Intuit SAIC
General Dynamics ManTech
See the list of our largest employers.
- Among the fastest-growing independent counties in Virginia
- # 1 in job creation (per capita 2009 - 20014)
Stafford's governing authority is a seven-member Board of Supervisors and is adminstered by a County Administrator.
Stafford's location is ideal! We are situated just 25 miles south of the Washington, DC Beltway and 50 miles north of Richmond.
The County offers a pro-business climate, with quality of life amenities like beautiful parks, award-winning law enforcement, championship golf courses, and nationally ranked schools.
Additional offerings include:
- Diverse and highly educated labor pool,
- Excellent school systems
- Low Tax rates
- Competitve Housing Opportunities
The appealing quality of life is attractive to both professional employees and business executives.
View a 2 minute history of Stafford.
We welcome you and your business to grow and prosper in Stafford, Virginia!