- Interstate I-95 bisects county
- Excellent commuter, passenger, freight rail service
- Regional airport serving corporate, commercial & recreational aircraft
- Major national and international airports within 45 minutes, minimum
- Interstate-95 bisects county, north to south, with 5 interchanges at mile markers 148, 143, 140, 136 and 133.
- Nearly 600 miles of state-maintained roadways: 46 miles of primary roads; approximately 440 miles of secondary roads.
- US Rt. 17 cuts through southwest Stafford, providing access to I-66, I-81 and additional access to I-95.
- US Rt 1 provides additional north-south highway access, running parallel to I-95
Trucking & Freight Lines
- More than 30 short and long-haul trucking companies offer national, regional and interstate carrier service. Several operate terminal facilities in Stafford, including: Estes Express, Wilson Trucking, Southeastern Freight, Consolidated Freightways and McLane Mid-Atlantic.
- FedEx’s processing center is located near Stafford Regional Airport.
- Four major airports within 45 minutes, minimum: Washington Reagan, Dulles International, Richmond International, Baltimore-Washington International.
- Stafford Regional Airport, a state-of-the-art transportation hub adjacent to I-95, serves local and regional corporate, commercial and recreational aircraft with its 5,000-ft. by 100-ft. runway.
- CSX and its subsidiaries serve the county.
Virginia Railway Express provides weekday commuter service from Stafford’s two stations (Brooke and Leeland)
Amtrak passenger service also available at nearby Fredericksburg and Quantico stations.
Deep Water Ports
- Four deep water ports serve the county, including: Port of Richmond, Virginia Inland Port, Port of Virginia and Port of Baltimore.