Sleep in Stafford Business Grant
The Sleep in Stafford Business Grant is a new $600,000 grant program to assist Stafford County hotels affected by COVID-19. The program is funded using federal CARES Act funds provided to the County of Stafford and will be administered by the Stafford County Economic Development Authority (EDA).
QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR RESTAURANTS TO APPLY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The Sleep in Stafford Business Grant was created to assist Stafford County hotels affected by COVID-19. Announced in August, we are opening up a second application window with revised eligibility requirements. The revised Sleep in Stafford program has an available grant balance of $200,000. The program is funded using federal CARES Act funds provided to the Stafford County of Stafford and is administered by the Stafford County Economic Development Authority (EDA).
This grant program is targeted and specific to lodging establishments in Stafford County.
Sleep in Stafford grant awards will be determined by the hotel’s documented number of guest rooms. Hotels can qualify for one of the following grant amounts;
1 – 50 Rooms: $10,000
51 – 75 Rooms: $15,000
76 – 100 Rooms: $20,000
101 + Rooms: $30,000
- Located within Stafford County
- Business must be registered (current) with Stafford County Commissioner of Revenue’s Office and current on all Stafford County taxes prior to March 1, 2020 and/or provide documentation on payment of 2020 Stafford County property taxes
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate at least a 20% loss in revenue that can be attributed to COVID-19 (based on March – May 2019 vs. 2020 financial records)
- Business must have been established and operational within Stafford County for at least the previous 12-months (July 2019 – July 2020)
- Priority will be given to those businesses that have made capital investment in technology or physical space in response to Covid-19 or to adjust to improve their property within the last 18 months (documented by paid invoices and subject to verification including on-site visit)
- Airbnb and/or similar type individual rentals are not eligible
- Business that have been awarded a Sleep in Stafford Grant are not eligible to reapply. Businesses that were denied a Sleep in Stafford Grant are eligible but must meet all other eligibility requirements
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED OF APPLICANT:
All application shall be submitted via online https://www.gostaffordva.com/coronavirus/ . Applications received via email, mailed and/or hand delivered will not be accepted.
1. IRS Form W-9;
2. Q2 2020 Federal Payroll Tax Form (IRS form 941);
3. 2019 Federal Tax Returns;
4. Current TYD profit-and-loss statement, balance sheet, and/or other statement of business financial standing;
5. Year-end profit-and-loss statement and balance sheet, previous year (2019);
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PROCESSES:
All grant applications must be submitted via an electronic application. Applications received via email, mailed and/or hand delivered will not be accepted. All requested application materials must be submitted for full grant consideration.
If there are more qualified applications than there are grants funds allocated, applications will be awarded in the order a complete application was received.
Businesses which received a Sleep in Stafford CARES Act grant during the first application window are not eligible to apply for a second grant.
Applications will be accepted starting Monday, September 21, at 9:00 am. Once the grant application window closes on Monday, September 28, at 4:00 pm, an internal review process will begin. Your application will be assigned to a member of the Stafford County Department of Economic Development and Tourism Staff for review and determination the businesses meets the minimum requirements for eligibility. A member of the Stafford County ED&T staff will contact you directly regarding any questions/concerns which arise during your grant application review. Businesses which received a Sleep in Stafford CARES Act grant during the first application window are not eligible to apply for a second grant.