Stafford is Northern Virginia’s most affordable location for business and to raise a family.
Stafford economic development and tourism is focused and helping to foster new development and opportunities for new business, expanding existing business, and entrepreneurs starting or expanding their business.
Located just 25 miles south of the Washington, DC Beltway and 50 miles north of Richmond.
Stafford offers a pro-business climate, with quality of life amenities including beautiful parks, award-winning law enforcement, championship golf courses, outdoor soccer and recreation centers, and nationally ranked schools.
A vibrant, educated population
- Nearly 40% population growth in the last decade
- Over 30% of the population has a college degree; 39% of graduates have advanced degrees
- High disposable income
More home for the money
- Excellent housing supply at significantly lower prices than in Northern Virginia and Washington DC
- Lower taxes than in Northern Virginia, Washington DC or Maryland (no boat tax, no aircraft tax, low property and real estate tax rates)
- Home ownership at 79.5%
- Wide variety of living choices, including: waterfront, golf club communities, gated communities, suburban, country and active adult communities
Excellent essential services
- Excellent healthcare, including Stafford Hospital, part of Level II Trauma system Mary Washington Healthcare
- Rich historical resources
- Wealth of cultural and outdoor recreational opportunities
- Robust library system
- Outstanding local public schools, including K-12 Stafford County Schools, Germanna Community College, University of Mary Washington and University of Maryland University College
- Growing retail sector with nationally-renowned companies and independent, family-owned establishments