Workforce and Community Education
Stafford partners with regional and state agencies to provide workforce training assistance to area employers, job-seekers and others regardless of employment status, disability or military service.
Germanna Center for Workforce & Community Education
- The Workforce Center is a division of Germanna Community College.
- Offers online certification preparation opportunities.
- Provides consulting services to improve corporate strategy, process or operations.
University of Mary Washington
- Highly rated local state university offering graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
- Stafford UMW Campus targets working professionals with degree and specialized certificate programs
- Operates Center for Economic Development, a collaborative of business, government, education and private parties to advance entrepreneurship, small business development, innovation and competitiveness, research and analysis, and outreach and engagement.
Virginia Workforce Center—Fredericksburg
- Provides services for job seekers and employers in Stafford and region
- One-Stop concept to provide local businesses and citizens with employment, job training, support services and more
- Employer services include:
- Recruiting & referral services
- Applicant screening
- Tax filing & registration
- Veteran targeting
- Training for existing staff
- Certificate and degree programs
- Training reimbursement
- Youth workforce support
- Education and training for youths at no cost
- Training for seniors
- Job retention services
- Disability awareness training
- Supported employment training program
- Company closing employee support.
Virginia Jobs Investment Program
- Provides services and funding to companies creating new jobs or experiencing technological change
Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) – Fredericksburg Workforce Center
- Provides employer and job seeker services, unemployment benefits, labor market information.
- Offers related information specific to US Military, veterans, business owners and employers, job seekers.
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries
- Offers job training, literacy comprehension and other critical skills education.
- Goodwill Job Help enter offers free training and helps remove barriers to employment.
- Provides one-on-one assessment and training.