Nurturing businesses at every stage
Stafford fosters a culture of innovation and achievement, thanks to the support of like-minded partners. This dynamic network of federal, state, regional, and educational partners supports businesses at every stage.
Data & Workforce Resources
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – A division of the U.S. Department of Labor, the Bureau of Labor Statistics provides data, statistics, publications, news, and announcements regarding the U.S. labor market and its current and past trends.
- Virginia Employment Commission and Virginia Labor Market Information (LMI) – provides community profiles on each jurisdiction in Virginia. Important statistics on workforce education, demographics, income, and more for each community.
Seize the Stafford Advantage. Contact Josh Summits, Business Development Officer, for customized property searches and more.
Business Expansion and Workforce Resources
- University of Mary Washington Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – For new and existing companies; small business counseling on marketing, cash management, loan proposal preparation, general business planning – free of charge.
- Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation – The Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation’s mission is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public by licensing qualified individuals and businesses, and enforcing standards of professional conduct for professions and occupations as designated by statute. If a business involves health care, cosmetology, skilled trades, engineering services and many others, this is a first stop in the process.
- Export Virginia – Increasing a company’s bottom line through export sales. Information and resources are available for first timers and companies already engaged in foreign markets.
- Procurement Training Assistance Programs (PTAP) – Designed to assist companies to increase competitiveness when doing business with the public sector, PTAP centers help companies do business with government at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services – Learn about Virginia agriculture and consumer services and the business assistance opportunities available. Product marketing assistance through the “Virginia’s Finest” program is available.
Regional Networking Resources
- Stafford County Economic Development Authority – Stafford County leverages the Stafford Economic Development Authority to assist with local business expansion and growth. The EDA fosters an entrepreneurial ecosystem through training seminars, networking opportunities, grants, and small business financing programs to foster new business investment.
- Fredericksburg Regional Chamber of Commerce – The Fredericksburg Chamber serves Stafford County and the other localities in the Fredericksburg region. Members can be connected to local, state, and federal officials and lead discussions on public policies such as transportation and healthcare. Find information regarding upcoming meetings and events, boards and committees, and networking opportunities on the Chamber website.
- Fredericksburg Regional Hospitality Council – The Fredericksburg Regional Hospitality Council, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, preserving, and enhancing the characteristics that make this region an attractive, interesting, and memorable experience for all those who visit. This is an organization of tourism and hospitality businesses throughout Stafford, Fredericksburg, and Spotsylvania. Tourism businesses, hoteliers, and restaurants are encouraged to join.
- Fredericksburg Regional Alliance – This regional public/private economic development marketing partnership provides CEOs, presidents, corporate real estate executives, and site selection consultants with a single source for comprehensive data and information relevant to the Greater Fredericksburg business community.
Shake up the business narrative. Explore Stafford today and sign up for our Monthly Newsletter.