Living in Stafford
In Stafford, people take pride in telling the story—and shaping the next phase of the narrative. Invigorated by the past and excited about what’s to come, they’re rooted in an appreciation of history, culture, and innovation. Staffordians are enthusiastic about the place they call home. From Downtown Stafford’s energetic vibe to the leisurely pace by the riverside, there’s a space for every age and stage. Shape the next chapter of the story in Stafford.
Arts and Culture
- From galleries to music and live stage productions, the arts are alive in Stafford.
- Arts, museum, and cultural offerings abound in nearby D.C. and Richmond.
- Learn more about Stafford’s arts and culture scene
- Stafford County Public Schools serve nearly 28,000 students in 31 nationally-ranked schools.
- Stafford has the largest school division in Virginia, with all schools fully accredited.
- Competitive higher education offerings are available at the University of Mary Washington, Germanna Community College, Virginia Tech, and the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI).
- Virginia is home to some of the nation’s top research and academic institutions, including: University of Virginia, Virginia Tech, George Mason, VCU, and more.
- Several private K-12, undergraduate, and specialized training institutions serve Stafford.
- Stafford Hospital, part of Mary Washington Healthcare, offers modern facilities, quality care, and a variety of routine and specialty services.
- Kaiser Permanente, an engaged community partner acclaimed for its care and service.
- Numerous healthcare clinics and urgent care facilities serve residents throughout the county
Neighborhoods and Housing
- Land, leases, and housing costs offer significant savings over comparable communities in the Northern Virginia/D.C. region.
- Property taxes are lower than in Northern Virginia/D.C., and parks, recreational facilities, open spaces, and tourism assets are impressive.
- Housing options are available at every price point, from gated communities to starter homes, townhouses, cluster homes, and apartments.
These are the top reasons to make the move to Stafford County.
Stafford has an adventure for every season—and every palate.
Shake up the business narrative. Explore Stafford today and sign up for our Monthly Newsletter.