Cybersecurity and Technology
Breakthroughs begin in Stafford
Virginia is a pacesetter in cybersecurity, courtesy of its proximity to federal government and its knack for Talent development. Stafford capitalizes upon these strengths and takes discoveries to the next level. Affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a demonstrated commitment to technology attract and retain technical Talent.
Government agencies energize the high-tech and defense ecosystems in Stafford County. Cybersecurity clusters (and sub-clusters) prosper with the support of anchor organizations like the Marine Base Quantico and the FBI, and a culture that supports discovery.
Stafford’s devotion to skills training ensures that professionals meet national demand. Wages in this cluster are 66% higher than the regional average, and the projected growth rate is 4.2% annually over the next ten years.
Advanced Technology Manufacturing:
- We are eager to encourage new tech-manufacturing in Stafford; ask us how we can help you expand in Stafford.
- Engineering and testing laboratories are the largest subsector. This is an identified area of growth within the county.
- Applied Rapid Technologies (ART), Vitatech Electromagnetics, and Firan Technology are in Stafford County.
Healthcare & Healthcare Technology:
- The second largest cluster in the county, it includes: medical and surgical hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical equipment/supply companies, and diagnostic laboratories.
- Stafford and the Fredericksburg region are poised to be hubs for destination medical services and medical and diagnostic laboratories.
- The Virginia Smart Community Testbed fosters rapid innovation.
- Partnerships between business, medical services, and the community speed the development of life-changing therapies.
- “Industry 4.0” is transforming every world industry, from cyber to manufacturing.
- Applications enhance access to education, essential services, and simplify daily life.
- Opportunities are available for pilot projects in the Virginia Smart Community Testbed.
- Fast fiber and low-cost energy keep projects on target.
- Tech-friendly infrastructure supports partnerships between localities, industries, and higher education
- Advanced Technology Manufacturing:
Unmanned Aerial Systems:
- Home to Marine Corp Base Quantico, close proximity to Washington DC, and a strong foundation of DoD contractors Stafford County is primed unmanned systems companies to succeed.
- With its expansion to a 6,000LF runway Stafford Regional Airport (SRA) is ready to grow into a full-service corporate airport. With multiple pad-ready sites SRA is strategically positioned for the location of early-stage maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) companies, and fixed-base operations (FBO) UAS/UAV companies.
- With access to one of the most educated talent pools in the country Stafford (regionally) is home to over 31,000 current/former service members, many of whom hold active security clearances.
- Connected within a strong regional and state-wide UAS ecosystem including the Virginia Unmanned Systems Center at VIPC and The Unmanned Systems Association of Virginia (USAV).
Seize the Stafford Advantage. Contact Josh Summits, Business Development Officer, for customized property searches and more.
Talents are tools to thrive and ours are powered by the people of Stafford.
Learn more about the workforce and community education in Stafford.
Learn more about the key industries that thrive in Stafford.
Who Is Here?
Learn more about the businesses that are making Stafford county their home.
Shake up the business narrative. Explore Stafford today and sign up for our Monthly Newsletter.