The Stafford EDA’s purpose is to facilitate business expansion and growth in Stafford. The EDA provides training seminars, networking opportunities, grants, and finance programs to foster new business investment.
New in 2020!
COVID-19 Assistance and Resources
Stafford’s CARES Act Funds
Stafford County remains focused on providing support to our businesses as we continue to recover from the Coronavirus pandemic. As part of that continued support, the Stafford County Economic Development Authority (EDA) is launching three new small business assistance grants: Stay, Sleep, and Safe in Stafford Business Grant(s). These grant programs are funded using $1.8M in federal CARES Act funds provided to the County of Stafford and will be administered by the Stafford County EDA. Grant applications OPEN August 17th at 9 am and CLOSE August 26th at 4 pm.
Stafford EDA COVID-19 Micro Loan Fund
The EDA is offering a COVID-19 Micro Loan Fund available to all small Stafford Businesses.
MESSAGE from the Chairman of the Stafford County Economic Development Authority (EDA)
See recent messaging from Chairman, Joel Griffin
Business Financing Programs
Stafford EDA financing is available for start-up and/or operations of new or expanding business in Stafford County through their Micro-Loan and Gap Financing Programs. The EDA also offers a Major Investment Program for significant economic development projects.
To learn more or to request application contact Josh Summits, Business Development Officer at email@example.com or 540-658-8664.
Stafford County EDA Members
- Joel Griffin, Chairman – Rock Hill District, Term Expires: 6/10/23
- Donald H. Newlin, Vice Chairman – George Washington District, Term Expires: 6/10/23
- Howard Owen, Treasurer – Falmouth District, Term Expires: 6/10/24
- Marlon Wilson, Griffis-Widewater District, Term Expires: 06/10/24
- Heather Hagerman – Garrisonville District, Term Expires: 6/10/24
- Danielle Davis – Aquia District, Term Expires: 6/10/22
- Jack Rowley – Hartwood District, Term Expires: 6/10/21
- Charles W. Payne, Jr. – EDA Counsel
- John Holden – EDA Secretary; Director – Economic Development and Tourism Department